The Language of Your Choice (Loyc) project is intended to become a rich set of tools for cross-language interoperability:
- Transforming source code between different languages
- Code analysis and transformation
- Writing libraries (or entire programs) in multiple programming languages
- IDEs (code completion lists, various kinds of code visualization, intellisense)
Its subprojects include:
- Enhanced C#: a starting point for the Loyc framework, EC# will add new operators and many other new features to C#, starting with a LISP-inspired macro system.
- Loyc trees: a generic in-memory representation of syntax trees of any language
- LES (Loyc Expression Syntax): a compact textual interchange format for Loyc trees
- LeMP (Lexical Macro Processor): a LISP-style macro preprocessor that operates on Loyc trees
- LLLPG (Loyc LL(k) Parser Generator): The parser generator being used to parse Enhanced C# and LES
- MLSL (Multi-Language Standard Library): not yet started
- SIL (Standard Imperative Language): not yet started
At the moment, Loyc is limited to the .NET platform. Loyc has several general-purpose "core" libraries that you can read about at core.loyc.net.
This is a huge project with many parts and I am looking feverishly for volunteers to help create these parts. You can reach me at
gmail.com, with account name